Camp Lebanon – Statement of Faith
Adopted 02.18.2012 (Sections 1-9) Updated 02.27.2016 (Sections 10-14)
As a Bible Camp dedicated to providing a “Meeting Place with God” in helping the Church do the work of Christ –
- We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate and infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises. 2 Timothy 2:15, 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21; Psalm 119:11, 105.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who are equal in every divine perfection and execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation and redemption.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that man and womanwere created in the image of God. On account of Adam’s willful disobedience, all humanity is born into sin and is, therefore, lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that salvation is based solely upon the sovereign grace of God, was purchased by the shed blood and victorious resurrection of Jesus, is secured by the Holy Spirit, is available to all who believe, and is received by faith alone in Christ alone apart from any human merit or ritual.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spiritby whose indwelling, illumination, guidance, conviction, equipping, and empowerment the believer is able to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrectionof both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe the true living Churchis composed of all regenerated believers who are united by the Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head. Its supreme mission is to bring glory to God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission as commanded by Jesus when he said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
- We believe that believers are to join in the fellowship of the local church for the purposes of worship, nurture, service, and participation in the ordinances of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Hebrews 10:23-25 (fellowship); Romans 6:1-11 (baptism); Matthew 26:26-29/1 Corinthians 11:23-31 (Lord’s Supper).
- We believe thatall human life is sacred from conception to death. Created in the image of God, all humankind has inestimable intrinsic worth. Therefore, we affirm the sacredness and dignity of all people in all states of life regardless of physical, mental or emotional condition. We are, therefore, called by God, who is the Source of life, to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Genesis 1:26-28; Exodus 20; Psalm 139)
- We believe in the wonderful, immutable and purposeful biological creation by God of each person as either male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- We believe that God created marriageto be exclusively the union of one male and one female and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. Established in the Creator’s original design (Genesis 2:18-25) and confirmed in the words of Jesus (Matthew 19:4-6), marriage is both the foundational relationship in society and a reflection of Christ’s relationship with his Church (Ephesians 5:21-33).
- We believe in the personal dignity of those who disagree with our positions. We acknowledge that there are those in our culture and communities that hold differing positions on matters of faith and practice and are, therefore, opposed to our beliefs as stated above. As illustrated in the life of Jesus and instructed in the Scriptures, we will at all times and in any way possible treat such individuals and groups with dignity and respect without compromising our beliefs. We will strive to love them unconditionally in word and deed, treating them as we wish ourselves to be treated and responding with grace when opposed. (Matthew 5:14-16; 7:12; Colossians 4:5-6)
- Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct. This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our organization’s beliefs. The Bible itself, as described above, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of communicating and applying our Statement of Faith, the Camp Lebanon Board of Directors will be the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application as guided by this Statement of Faith and subject to the review of the Membership.