For Marc, ministry is all about impacting and changing lives for Christ. His first ministry, since signing on at Camp in 1999 to help organize its books and harness technology, has been to serve Christ with the gifts he’s been given. His overriding vision is to bring focus and clarity to Camp’s financial position. His passion is to research the tools and technologies that will best serve to enhance God’s Ministry. “For me, the many ways in which lives are impacted and changed is confirmation that God is at work here!” Marc said. “And that’s just a neat thing! And knowing that I somehow have had a small part in all of this brings joy to my heart!”
Get to know Marc:
- What’s your favorite color?
- If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
- What is your favorite food? Least favorite?
My favorite is a Porter House Steak…No desire for mushrooms though.
- What do you do for fun when you’re not a camp?
You will find me making a fresh batch of Juice Pulp Muffins or Almond Butter. And of course taking a few bike trips in the summer!
- If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
I would replace all the laws that we have in this world with just these two. 1) Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart – Soul – Mind – Strength. 2) Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.
- What was the last really great book you read?
“What’s Best Next” – Matt Perman
- Do you volunteer anywhere?
First Baptist Church, Long Prairie – Serving The Lord With My Gifts
- Who was the most influential person in your life?
- What is one piece of advice you would give others about life?
Invest in people. Relationships are all that really matter in this world. Be Generous.
- What is the best part of working at Camp?
Knowing that your work has somehow made a difference in impacting lives for Jesus Christ!
- In your own words, what is your job description?
FIT Manager – Financial & IT Manager
- Describe an embarrassing moment.
I once changed a tire on a car and the wheel came off while they were driving. (Sorry Sis)
- What is a Bible verse that has meant a lot to you?
Micah 6:8 – “He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
- If you could add one thing (building/event/feature/anything/etc…) to camp and cost wasn’t a factor, what would it be?
A brand new Dining, Worship, Fitness, and Coffee Shop Center.
- What is one of your favorite jokes?
I love a good Pun – But, I just can’t remember…Something about a boomerang – I think it’s coming back to me now.
- What is one special moment you have experienced at camp?
Watching my daughter being baptized!!