We’ve been counting down the days to the biggest, craziest week of the summer, and it’s finally here – Senior High week has begun!
We go all-out to give our senior high students the best experience for their last few years of being campers, which means we’re shaking up a few things for this week (and this week only). Here’s what we’re changing…
- Cabin Names. We all know and love the international cabin names, but this week, campers got the chance to rename their cabin for the week! A few notable names: Denmark renamed itself “Bobber Bill” in tribute to our awesome camp director, China adopted a tech theme when it renamed itself “404 Error: Cabin Name Not Found,” and Haiti and Pakistan coordinated names to represent their bro-sis bond. Haiti (a boy cabin) named itself “Sis Cabin” and Pakistan named itself “Bro Cabin.”
- Bro-Sis-Sis Teams. This week, groups of guy and girl cabins will join forces for a variety of activities that will earn them cabin points. The biggest event? The Competition.
- The Competition. In the past, teams have created short films, human music videos, and camp-wide game ideas as part of the week-long competition. This year, teams will compete to make the best parody video for a randomly selected song. Songs drawn from the hat included “Just Can’t Wait to be King” from The Lion King, “Good Morning” by Mandisa, and “Jesus Freak” by dc Talk. Lyrics are due Tuesday and filming starts on Wednesday!
- Dinner Themes. Each night, the dining hall will be transformed to fit a different theme, complete with staff in costumes, special menus, and fun decorations! Last night’s dinner theme was “Jimbo’s Roadkill Cafe,” a picnic based on the 2009 Road Trip summer theme.
- Special Events. We’re going to shake up the schedule with some Senior High exclusive events scattered throughout the week. It’s a secret for now!
Anyway, most of what we did yesterday related to one or more of those things! We met our teams, started on our parodies, and just got to hang out with other campers. Last night, we also got to meet our (super funny) speaker for the week, Gretchen Luedtke. She talked about what she’ll cover this week, introduced herself, got to know us better, and prayed that we would go deep in our exploration of faith this week.
We’re going to have a great time! Please pray that we’d stay safe and (as Gretchen said) that we’d be able to connect with God on a deeper level this week!