There’s simply no stopping the “funnest fun!” at Camp Lebanon. Thanks for wrapping your camp in a warm blanket of prayers. Don’t stop now! We’re in the middle of four March Quilt & Scrap sessions (425 women!). Talk about generating heat…and excitement! Oh, by the way, summer registration opened on January 16! At last look, over 400 had already registered. Seen any robins yet?
Lots of Snow, No Glacier!
After years of fighting the driveway glacier that tormented guests and staff each late winter (see photo below), a fix has been found! With springs oozing out of the hillsides, the challenge was to prevent the layering of freezing water as it flowed over the road. Last fall, Chris Mock, Facilities Manager, and crew installed an ingenius system of 200’ of pvc piping and electrical tape to keep the water running through the ditches and culverts. The $15,000 project looks to be a long-term solution. So, instead of fighting glaciers, maintenance was free to move mountains of snow. Fun!
Praise & Pray!
- PRAISE! Monthly Donors: 4 new families added to our monthly team! What a boost!
- PRAISE! Support: Friends from a Pella IA church boost camp with a $6800 gift.
- PRAISE! Estate Gift: $10,350 life insurance gift blesses Camp at year end.
- PRAISE! Memorials: $2000 – David & Margaret Reynolds, $1000 – Jack Washburn.
- PRAISE! A boy! Sous Chef Tony Cluka & wife, Shelly, welcomed Arrow Welsey 2/26!
- PRAY! Staff Openings: 2 Program Associates (women, family, hosting, activities).
- PRAY! March & Spring Ministries: Spiritually effective; full weekends; safety.
- PRAY! Summer Staff Search is on: WANTED! 45 God-loving, kid-crazy leaders
Read more in the full Camp Lebanon News (March 2019) by Bobber Bill!
Other exciting news from Camp:
- Registration for Summer Youth Camps is open now! Register before April 1st to get a $25 Canteen Card!
- Men, it’s time to Advance! Registration for our spring men’s event is open – sign up as an individual or a group.
- First look at 2019 Spring Quilt on the blog!
- Registration for Young Adult Retreat: Spring is now open! Check out the website for a look at some of the fun the YAR planning team has in store for young adults 18-35 years old!