Aaron oversees all aspects of Camp’s ministries to the 60+ guest groups that rent Camp Lebanon’s facilities each year. He is also in charge of donor management. Aaron joined the team in September of 2007, coming from Sioux Falls Seminary (Sioux Falls SD) after a couple of youth pastorates. In 2011 he earned his Master of Divinity in Youth and Family Ministries. Aaron and wife, Jaci, (Camp’s sales service manager) make their home in Sauk Centre with their four beautiful kids (Lauren, Anna, Hudson and Jackson). A former youth pastor and video producer, Aaron loves to minister to the groups on site and is also active in the youth ministry and praise team at his church.
Learn a little more about Aaron by reading his answers to sixteen get-to-know-you questions:
- What’s your favorite color?
- If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
- What is your favorite food? Bacon / Chicken Ranch Pizza
Least favorite? Goulash
- What do you do for fun when you’re not a camp?
Carpentry, fishing, flying model planes, but most of all spending time with my family.
- If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
Can I Plead the 5th?
- What was the last really great book you read?
“7 Ways to be her Hero” – Doug Fields
- Do you volunteer anywhere?
Not really a volunteer, but on the Sauk Centre Ambulance Crew
- Who was the most influential person in your life?
- What is one piece of advice you would give others about life?
Have integrity in everything!
- What is the best part of working at Camp?
I work at a place that introduces guests to Jesus, what could be better than that!
- In your own words, what is your job description?
I do a little bit of everything, but my primary role is to support churches, family reunions and other groups as they book, host and use Camp Lebanon for their events. I also love to help out in any other area of Camp that my gifts can be used.
- Describe an embarrassing moment.
There are way too many to think of just one 🙂
- What is a Bible verse that has meant a lot to you?
Jeremiah 29:11 – This was my dad’s favorite verse and as I grow older have realized how important to realize who holds our future.
- If you could add one thing (building/event/feature/anything/etc…) to camp and cost wasn’t a factor, what would it be?
I would love a gym/fitness center. What a blessing it could be to our community as well. I would also love a Wake board pull system!
- What is one of your favorite jokes?
How do you make Lady Gaga mad? You Poke her face…. (Get it?…Pokerface 🙂 ) Thanks to my 10-year-old for that one.
- What is one special moment you have experienced at camp?
I have seen groups come here with a lot of scars and healing that needed to take place and they met God here in a very special way. Healing and love happen here – it is truly a meeting place with God!
Want to meet the full staff team? Here’s a link to our staff page.