Punk’n Time! Sweet and simple
Applesauce Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread made a little healthier with applesauce instead of oil! The perfect Fall treat to satisfy a pumpkin craving and great for sharing
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 3 and 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, applesauce, water, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour into bread or cupcake pans (will make 3 medium loafs or 36 cupcakes). Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes for bread, 25 to 35 minutes for muffins, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Punk’n Time! Rich and Savory
Pumpkin Sage Scones
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup + 1-2 Tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, drained of excess moisture
- 3 eggs
- 8 sage leaves, julienned
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir it together, then add cold butter in small cubes. Process for a few minutes until butter is cut into small pieces into the flour mixture. Pour flour mixture into a large bowl. This can also be done with a pastry cutter.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup buttermilk, pumpkin puree and 2 eggs. Whisk until fully combines.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and stir to mix. If mixture is too dry, add 1-2 more Tbsp buttermilk until flour can be mixed in.
- Turn mixture out onto a floured surface. Knead for a couple minutes by flattening the dough, then folding in half, during with flour then repeating a few times.
- Cut mixture in half and pat into two circles, about 3/4″ thick. Place circles of dough on parchment paper on a sheet pan. Cut each piece into 6 wedges.
- Scramble the remaining egg, brush on top of the dough.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until top is golden.