Crock Pot Pumpkin Chili
From the Kitchen of Elizabeth Schultze
Daughter-in-law of Laurie, Camp’s Office Manager
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 2- 14 ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes w/ green chilis (2 cans diced tomatoes and 2 small cans green chilis)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (no sugar added)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 pound chicken or turkey, shredded or ground
- feta/goat cheese (option garnish)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
Place all ingredients into a large crock pot.
Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
Ladle into servings bowls.
Garnish with feta/goat cheese and fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings. Perfect for leftovers and tastes even better the next day!
Cherry Swirl Cake
From the Kitchen of Lisa Host
Women’s Retreat host church, First Baptist of Long Prairie
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream
Generously grease a jelly roll pan.
In a large bowl, beat with a hand mixer – sour cream, eggs and water.
Add cake mix.
Spread into jelly roll pan.
Swirl pie filling throughout the cake.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Cool, cut and top with whipped cream