Beef brisket seasoning:
- 4 pound beef brisket
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Rub trimmed brisket with brisket seasonings. Drizzle with oil.
- Mix a little liquid smoke with a can of beef broth and pour into bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover cooker with lid, cook low and slow for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When brisket is tender transfer to oven tray.
- Slice or tear for preferred application.
*the above can be done in the oven as well. Cooking at 300 degrees for several hours until brisket is tender.
GINGER HONEY ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- 1lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 7 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated fresh garlic
- 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- Combine ginger, honey, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, cayenne, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Add half the marinade ingredients to a large ziplock bag and add pork tenderloin. Seal bag and marinate for a few hours or overnight. Pour leftover marinade into an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to roast the pork.
- Heat a large skillet with a bit of olive oil over medium heat, remove excess marinade and sear pork very briefly on all sides until lightly golden brown.
- Transfer tenderloin to oil sprayed baking sheet or dish and roast for 10-15 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 133 f degrees.
- Brush tenderloin with leftover marinade and broil on high for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove and cover with foil and let rest a few minutes.
Ginger honey glaze:
- Take saved marinade and boil on high heat for 10 minutes stirring constantly adding a corn starch slurry to create a smooth glaze.
Servings – 4; Prep Time – 10 minutes (not including marinating time); Cook Time – 15 minutes; Total Time – 25 minutes.
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T. oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or 1 tsp., depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) great northern beans, drained and DIVIDED * (mash one can)
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook chicken and onion in oil until browned.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in broth, chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- *Mash one can of the northern beans until smooth. Add to saucepan.
- Add remaining beans to saucepan.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Top with Monterey Jack for serving.